V8 Vantage 4.7 Derivatives
V8 Vantage 4.7 Special Edition
In production December 2009 – March 2010
The Special Edition brought together all of the most popular and latest optional equipment for the 2010 MY V8 Vantage without going to the trouble of ticking the boxes on the order form. Available as Coupe or Roadster, the colour choice is confined to Quantum Silver, Lightning Silver or Storm Black. Whatever exterior colour is chosen, the interior was always obsidian black leather with coarse silver stitching, tailor’s grey headlining, obsidian black carpets and black hood on the roadster.
Notable exterior features of the SE were the extended side sills (first seen on the N400), bright finish grille, bonnet and side sill meshes in Magnum Silver, clear rear lamps (also previewed on the N400), front parking sensors and a very attractive 10 spoke wheels. The wheels, diamond turned with a silver painted finish, were manufactured using a forging process making them 5kg lighter than the standard item. On the inside, the SE featured the lightweight carbon fibre seats with memory function (not for the USA), uprated alarm, Iridium silver (instead of Graphite) on surrounds and door pulls with either Piano Black or Prism Alloy fascias. Satellite-Navigation was fitted as standard as was the 700W AM Premium Audio System; USA bound cars got the Sirrius Satellite Radio System too. Extra details were fitted as standard such as polished alloy tread plates, cruise control, alarm upgrade, memory mirrors, Bluetooth and Auto Dimming rear view mirror.
The SE was available with either the standard manual transmission or Sportshift and in either Coupe or Roadster bodystyles. The really good thing about the extras on the SE, which would add about 15% to the purchase price of a V8 Vantage, was that they were 'free of charge'. The SE sold for exactly the same price as the standard V8 Vantage without extras.
V8 Vantage N420
In production May 2010 – date. Chassis numbers C14250 – onwards
The N420 was a motorsport inspired special edition, based on the 4.7 litre V8 Vantage and the successor to the popular N400 of 2007/8. It was available with both Coupe and Roadster bodystyles and with either 6 speed manual or optional Sportshift automated manual transmission. When fitted with the lightweight seats, the N420 had a 27kg weight saving over the standard V8 Vantage 4.7
Any standard Aston Martin colour could be specified, but customers were encouraged towards either the special Carbon Black paint scheme or one of the seven optional Race Collection colour schemes with contrasting grille bands and cantrails on the Coupe. The race paint schemes were AM Racing Green (with yellow), Asia Pacific Cup White (with black), Rose Yellow (with green), Kermit Green (with silver), Elwood Blue (with white), Modena Black (with silver) and GT2 Concept Blue (with orange). The race colour scheme appeared quite an expensive option, at £4750 but the contrasting paint is of extremely high quality rather than sticky tape. The transition between the two colours is so fine that it is indistinguishable by touch.
Whatever exterior colour was chosen, the interior was always Obsidian Black. The AML Works Service Tailored service can provide any interior colour.
The N420 was limited to just 420 examples (Coupe and Roadster)
- Carbon Fibre splitter and diffuser (weight saving of 1kg)
- Carbon fibre side strakes (weight saving of 1.5kg)
- Black bonnet and side strake meshes
- N400 sill design
- 19 inch sports pack forged alloy wheels with gloss black and diamond turned finish
- Clear rear lamp lenses
- Graphitic finish on the tailpipes with a new lightweight sports exhaust system
- Sports pack suspension
- Lightweight seats (not North America) with optional Alcantara seat inserts (Coupe only) and ‘racetrack’ stitch pattern from DBS/V12 Vantage
- Optional N420 logo embroidered on seat back
- Sports steering wheel with thicker rim profile, Alcantara covered on Coupe
- Graphite finish on instrument pack (from DBS/V12 Vantage)
- Iridium Interior trim with Piano Black of Double Apex alloy facia
- Anodised black tread plates
- Carbon fibre N420 sill plaques and numbered engine bay plaque
- Standard fit upgraded alarm, cruise control, Bluetooth, front parking sensors and auto dimming mirror
Launch price of the N420 coupe was £96,995 which represented a 10% premium over the standard car.